In the rear court of the Goethe House is a sandstone Baroque pumping fountain: The water flowed out of a Medusa’s head into a shell-shaped fountain bowl. The wall behind it was formerly closed. Today it contains a sandstone portal with a label – 17 F G 25 – that refers to Goethe’s grandfather Friedrich Göthé and the year 1725. Behind this wall ran the “Antauche”, a covered sewage wastewater drainage ditch. The ditch was connected to an old-fashioned toilet, which was replaced when the house was remodelled by a more comfortable toilet extension that went up to the second floor. From the fountain court a door led to the laundry room. On the opposite wall there was a wooden shed.